Privacy & Data Policy
Finding the right engineers for your project should be a straightforward and pleasant process, and we want to make sure we protect your privacy along the way. Please take a few minutes to read this privacy and data policy; it explains what we do with your data, how we collect and use your browsing information and how we may use it for future marketing purposes. In a safe, secure and compliant way.
2. About ASP Consulting (Melbourne) Ltd
Apart from being Civil and Structural engineers, in respect of your data, ASP is the data controller and responsible for the personal information it holds about you for sales, administration and for any marketing purposes.
We take the privacy and security of your personal information seriously, so you can be rest assured that your information will be properly managed and protected by us. Please read this notice carefully as it explains how ASP and/or carefully selected third parties we work with collect and use your personal information.
You can ask for further information about the use of your personal information or if you need to raise a complaint, by contacting the Data Protection Officer with the details below.
Data Protection Officer:
ASP Consulting (Melbourne) Ltd
+44 (0) 1530 561230 (Local rate)
3. How We Use Your Information
Any information supplied to ASP is used to provide advice and/or services with respect to Civil and Structural engineering projects. We will be handling the personal information you provide, including contact and payment details which you provide as part of our provision of engineering services to you.
ASP may use personal information for the following purposes:
- General correspondence;
- Provide you with a quotation and a recommendation based on your needs;
- Design drawings;
- Invoicing and payment processing;
- For the prevention, detection and investigation of financial crime, including fraud;
- To verify your identity, in accordance with the money laundering regulations;
- Statistical and analytical research;
- Where necessary, to comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
We may also use your personal information for marketing purposes, but only if you have provided the relevant consent and you would still hold the right to opt out at any time. See section 5 for more information on that.
We will use your information for the purposes listed above. For any other purpose, where appropriate and required, we’ll contact you to ask for your permission.
4. Who we may Share your Information With
- Carefully selected sub-contractors;
- Other organisations in order to prevent, detect or investigate financial crime or fraud;
- Approved and appointed service providers, including those used to administer policies;
- Relevant legal and regulatory authorities.
5. Controlling your Marketing Preferences
We will only send marketing communications to you via the preferences you’ve chosen and regularly make the appropriate checks to ensure that we abide by those rules and only send communications to those who’ve requested as such.
Methods of communication for marketing will typically be (but not limited to); phone, email, text message, post. ASP reserves the right to use any of the above communication methods to get in contact and service your enquiry.
You can opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time by contacting us.
6. Information Provided on Another Person
If you are submitting personal information about another person, then you confirm that you have their consent to provide such information and for their information to be used as set out in this notice, and that you have provided a copy of this notice to that other person.
7. Cookies and Other Uses of your Online Browsing Data
When you visit one of our websites, we may collect information from you such as, your email address, IP address and other online identifiers. This helps us to track unique visits and monitor patterns of website traffic, such as who visits and why they visit.
The cookies and pixel tags information is then channeled through various 3rd party web applications. An example of the software ASP use are:
- Google Analytics; to help us monitor website traffic and view page-by-page behavior. It also allows us to understand which - browser type, or operating system visitors are using as well as which referring sites traffic has come from.
- We may choose to send carefully planned automated marketing emails or text messages, based on the insights learnt from your previous website browsing behavior via our in-house customer record management system, our website system – WordPress, or via our email marketing platform – Mailchimp.
You can opt out of marketing emails & text messages at any time by contacting us. More information is available in section 5.
We may choose to follow up with ‘re-marketing’ activity; banner and text adverts placed automatically on 3rd party websites and on social media. These are controlled through services such as Google AdWords, or Facebook Business Manager.
You have the right to disable cookies on your browser and install 3rd party plug-ins to prevent behavioral ad targeting. Links below are provided for your reference.
For more on behavioral advertising visit –
Feel free to contact us for any more information or help.
8. Transfer of Personal Information to Other Countries
Your personal information may be processed in countries outside of the European Union (EU). Where we transfer your personal data to countries that are outside of the EU we will ensure that the transfer is carried out in a compliant manner and appropriate safeguards are in place and in accordance with the relevant data protection requirements.
9. Retaining your Personal Information
We will retain and process your personal information for as long as necessary to meet the purposes outlined in this notice provided to you.
10. Your Rights
You have the right to request access to your personal information, to have it corrected, erased, apply restriction and/ or object to processing. If we are processing your personal information with your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. This may mean however, that ASP may not be able to provide you with the services you requested.
You also have the right to request a copy of the personal information ASP holds about you.
If you have provided your consent to receive marketing information, you have the right to opt-out at any time.
To make any of these requests, please contact the Data Protection Officer using the contact details above.
11. Making a Complaint
If we get something wrong, or you’re not happy with our services, we always welcome the chance to help and rectify it. You can contact the Data Protection Officer using the contact details provided above.
You can also lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office by contacting them at:
Information Commissioners Office
0303 123 1113 (Local rate) or 01625 545 745 (National rate)